Florida residents: If you have your health insurance with Florida Blue, you can now pay your monthly bill with your credit card. There is no extra cost to do so.
However, you do need to get on line, print out a bar code, and then make a quick trip to a CVS drug store. You can pay your entire monthly bill, though you will be limited to a maximum of $999 per 24 hours. So if your insurance bill is higher than that, you will need to make more than one trip if you want to take full advantage of this.
STEPS TO PAY YOUR BILL WITH A CREDIT CARD:
- Go to FloridaBlue.com
- Log on to your account by filling in your user name and password
- At the top of the next page, click on “Claims and Expenses”
- Then click on “Bill Paying Services”
- Select “In Person” by clicking on the link to “Get Barcode”
- You will then be presented with a PDF page that includes a barcode. You need to print that page. You cannot just show the barcode on a phone.
- Take the printed page to either a CVS pharmacy or a Navarro pharmacy, and present it to the cashier with your credit card.
- Let the cashier know how much you want to pay. Hint: Because the monthly bill is usually some odd amount, I write down the exact amount on the bottom of the sheet with the barcode and give it to the cashier.
- Your transaction will be posted like a regular purchase from CVS. If you have a credit card that gives a bonus for spend at drug stores, you should get that bonus.
- NOTES FROM BLUE CROSS ABOUT THE PAYMENT: Your payment is due by the due date on your bill. Payments received after your due date do not guarantee that your policy will remain active. CVS can accept payments from $1 to $999 per 24 hours .
I have been taking advantage of this service for a few months. The payment takes a couple days to appear on you Florida Blue records. This is a relatively painless way to increase your spend if you are a Florida Blue customer.